Exam Center Requirements
All semester final exams are administered, online, at IOU designated centers across the globe.
Only the final exams are conducted at the exam centers, mid term exams do not take place in exam centers.
IOU will appoint centers in a city even if there is only one student.
Students will be required to pay applicable fees to the center. This will vary from country to country and may also be free in some cases. IOU receives no portion of any fee's charged.
Setting up of exam centers requires support and efforts from the students who would identify and approach appropriate institutions to act as an exam center.
IOU exam centers would be one of the following
* An Islamic center
* A Masjid
* An Islamic school
* An Islamic professional institution
IOU Exam centers provide the following
- A reliable proctor with working knowledge of the internet. He/she must be present in the room and monitor the student throughout the entire exam time (75 minutes maximum). He/she should ensure that students do not cheat using either hard copies or soft copies via their own laptop or through email, etc. The proctor should ensure that the student does not open any tabs other than the one he/she uses for the exam. These conditions are in place in order to maintain the validity of the exams.
2. A PC for each student. This is preferable, but not absolutely necessary. Students may use their own laptops if needed.
3. Reliable high speed internet access. In situations where students find a center suitable in other respects, but they are unable to provide internet access, they may opt to use their own 3G connections, if available.
Prior to granting students access to the exam, the proctor is required to
1. Check photo IDs of the students
2. Enter the password (provided by IOU) so that the student can take the exam