IOU students who have studied and completed one or more of the courses taught in the Associate of Arts In Education (AED) degree program at other accredited universities may apply for a university credit transfer or college credit transfer.
- Credit transfer (CT) differs from course waiver. Credit transfer counts as having completed the course, whereas a waiver requires the applicant to take a waiver replacement course in its place.
- Credit transfer will only be processed for the courses studied and completed with a passing grade at an accredited university or college. Credit transfers will NOT be accepted for subjects studied in schools or private institutions.
- A student can request for university credit transfer or college credit transfer for a maximum of 24 courses.
- Attested supporting documents of external credit transfer must be posted to the Admissions Office along with other required documents for admission confirmation. The supporting documents of credit transfer include photocopies of university transcripts bearing proof of successful completion of relevant courses against which transfer credits have been approved. Each of the documents must bear a notary stamp and a signature.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR UNIVERSITY CREDITS TRANSFER OR COLLEGE CREDITS TRANSFER
Application Processing Fee
- A standard, non-refundable processing fee, equivalent to half the normal semester fee, is charged for the credit transfer application. (Please click here to see the semester fee for the country of your residence. For example, For example, students from developed countries paying the semester fee of $150 would be charged $75 for a credit transfer application
- The credit transfer request will be processed only after the application processing fee is received by IOU.
This amount will be credited towards the credit transfer fees (see below) if the credit transfer application is found to meet the criteria and is granted. Do note, however, that if the credit transfer application does not meet the criteria and is rejected, the application processing fee will neither be refunded nor credited towards any other fee (like semester fees, etc). So please be sure that you meet the above criteria before applying for credit transfers.
Credit Transfer Fee
- The credit transfer fee is applicable only after the CT application has been accepted.
- The credit transfer fee is equivalent to the fees of one semester (per every six courses). For example, if a student requests a credit transfer for up to six courses, he/she would pay the fee which is equivalent to one semester of study. If the student requests a credit transfer for seven to twelve courses, he/she would have to pay the fees equivalent to two semesters of study.