IOU provides a unique learning experience for all of our students. The university also recognizes that many students may not have studied online before; it is quite different from traditional classroom-based learning. For this reason, IOU has provided demos and organized a user-friendly learning environment for those new to online education. It is vital that all IOU students be fully prepared for online learning and have the required level of English to enable them to effectively and successfully study in this environment.
IOU is comprised of students from around the globe. Our students learn through watching and listening to video and audio lectures as well as reading texts (PDF Format). They also have the support of well-trained tutorial assistants. Within the online study community, students may share resources, exchange ideas, discuss weekly topics, submit assignments, and take exams.
IOU is thankful to Allah for having enabled us to launch the first institution to offer tuition-free online courses for students pursuing a . We are dedicated to spreading authentic Islamic knowledge with a proper understanding of Allah’s true religion. Both students and professors represent a diverse group coming from both under-developed and developed countries.
IOU presents a demonstration course from the BAIS program to show people interested in IOU how the courses look and operate and give a real-time example of what it is like to study with IOU.
Please click here to download the BAIS Demo Course Guide to learn more.
Please click the button given below to access the demo course directly, (you may need to create and account and enrol in the course if you haven’t done so already)Demo Course
For further details and help with registration and enrollment in the BAIS or BMAIS, contact the info deks at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students at IOU enjoy the support of dedicated full-time qualified faculty members, who are responsible for answering any questions students may have about the course.
Additionally, guest lecturers from the various fields offered by IOU and beyond will be invited from time to time, to enrich the program by providing an avenue for students to experience, firsthand, the cutting edge of academic research and professional expertise. Students will be informed of the timings and will be given ample opportunity to participate. The sessions will also be recorded and kept in the IOU archive for later viewing by those unable to watch the sessions live.
There is a faculty for each course. The faculty may or may not be the actual instructor of the course. The faculty member, however, is able to handle all issues related to the course they are assigned to. They provide academic support and facilitate learning by:
- Providing further clarification of materials studied in the recorded lectures.
- Facilitating access to resources such as online libraries and additional learning materials.
- Monitoring usage of module videos
- Grading assignments
- Supervising forums to ensure that they are properly utilized.
The faculty will work together with the Coordinator, Registrar and the Dean to ensure that all students receive the support they need to succeed in their studies
Students are expected to devote at least four hours of study per week per subject. Students should read course materials, listen to the lecture, take the module test, and complete the course assignment.
- Students should behave respectfully at all times. If a student is disrespectful to the faculty, to another student, or to the staff at the test center, he or she will be removed from the class and may be dismissed from the university, depending on the severity of the disruption.
- All students should fully participate in the online forums.
- All assignments should be handed in on time. They should be handed in before or at the time of exams. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, students cannot turn in an assignment on time, they need to get permission from the faculty for late submission. If a student misses an exam without informing the administration before exam week, he/she will receive a ‘failure’. It is the student’s responsibility, not the instructor’s or the faculty member’s, to attempt to make up and complete the exam within the late mid-term period.
- Students of the Islamic Online University should pledge that all tests taken by them and that all work turned in by them are original and are solely the result of their own efforts. Any form of academic dishonesty, including cheating and plagiarism, will be recorded in the student’s permanent file. Breaches of academic integrity will be dealt with severely, as per the Islamic Online University’s policy. After the first instance of a breach of academic integrity, the student will receive a failing grade IN ALL CLASSES FOR WHICH HE/SHE IS CURRENTLY ENROLLED. After the second instance, the student will be expelled permanently from the university.
- Note: Cheating is defined as using others’ planning or drafting to generate an essay, copying any part of another person’s homework, or collaborating on assignments that are meant to be individual efforts. Unless otherwise indicated, all assignments should be completed individually.